Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2016

Review: What Was I Thinking? Volume 1: My Brainy Best Friend by Zac Lange

28824543Title: What Was I Thinking?
Author: Zac Lange
Published: Feb. 10, 2016
Publisher: Novel Notions Press
Pages: 54
Genre: Children ages 6 on up
Review: Paperback provided by author
Buy Links: Amazon, Amazon.uk 


As everyone who has ever been a kid knows, mistakes and accidents are a part of growing up. "What Was I Thinking?" is a series that examines and finds solutions to an endless list of experiences that are universal to both children and families using the incredible tool of brainpower. It is told from the engaging, humorous, and relatable perspective of a young boy in the process of figuring out his place in the world, and whose creative mind, Brain, is his own best friend. "What Was I Thinking? Volume 1" encourages kids to celebrate their brains and their amazing potential. It also teaches the importance of using those powerful brains to think before acting, and to consider consequences both good and bad. Ultimately, the series wants to help kids be aware of their own thought processes, so they can make positive decisions for any given situation in their own lives. Hopefully, there will be fewer and fewer times when they have to ask themselves, "What was I thinking?"


We received this book to give an honest review.
I really liked this book as it brings to light how your brain works in a way. It makes it easy for kids to understand it all instead of the boring way. 
In What Was I Thinking? It tells us how your brain is your best friend it is always there for you and it sponges in information for you to learn. I really liked the "special list" and how there are three things you should think about. Which for me was a great thing to show K as he is at the age of needing to think before he acts in an unkind way. 1. Stop and think. 2. Could this hurt? 3. Could this get me in trouble? 
K even learned about how there are consequences to the actions that you make and your brain can help you make the right ones with thought. 
The pictures were very entertaining and went very well with what was being described and told to us. 

Questions and Answers with K.
1. Did you enjoy the book?
"Yes."
2. Did you have a favorite part?
"I really liked how the brain gets all its information."
3. Would you recommend this book to your friends?
"Yes."
I think this book would be good for a classroom read so maybe other kids can get a good and fun understanding of how their brain works. 




No comments:

Post a Comment