Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Review: Nighttime Ninja by Barabar DaCosta


13518928Late at night, when all is quiet and everyone is asleep, a ninja creeps silently through the house in search of treasure. Soon he reaches his ultimate goal...and gets a big surprise! Will the nighttime ninja complete his mission?
With spare text and lush illustrations, Nighttime Ninja is a fun, adventure-filled story about the power of play and imagination.

K picked this book up at his school library. 
So I read this at bedtime and I thought okay Nighttime ninja what could it be about. But I was kind of disappointed. When we start out you are seeing a ninja what looks like to be climbing a wall, but at the end you realize the ninja is a boy who was going after something he wanted when everyone was a sleep. So I was a bit like umm okay? I think it would have been better if we saw him sneak out of his room, roll past his parent's bedroom door, creep down the stairs. You know that kind of thing. K seemed to enjoy the book especially the ending where the boy gets his surprise. The illustrations were different than I expected not the best, but they were decent. 






No comments:

Post a Comment