Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

The Whale, the Sea and the Stars by Adrián Macho

39965111

Title: The Whale, The Sea and the Stars
Author: Adrian Macho
Published: 7/23/19
Publisher: Floris Books
Pages: 32
Genre: Children ages 4 on up
Review: ebook provided by Edelweiss+
Buy Links: Amazon, Amazon.uk 



When Gerda the blue whale was very small, her mother would sing a beautiful song telling her that if she were ever lost she should look to the stars and they would guide her.
Then it's time for the little whale to leave home. Her adventures take her from the warm waters of the equator to the freezing poles.
Along the way she meets clever killer whales, playful penguins, a friendly polar bear and the ancient narwhale. Then one day, the little whale realizes she wants to find somewhere to stay forever. How will she know she's found the right sea for her? With her mother's song in her heart, Gerda follows the stars to a place she knows she can call home.
This heartwarming story, rendered through luminous, captivating illustrations full of texture and feeling, promises we will find our way if we listen to our hearts.


I received this book from Edelweiss+ to give an honest review.

I saw this book's cover and thought it would be simply wonderful. For some reason A was not digging this book fully so we may go back and reread it again because it really is a beautiful story being told. Gerda is a blue whale whose mother lets her know if she was ever lost look to the stars they will guide her. That message to me is just beautiful. Gerda knows she will have to find a home and not wander around forever and she visits different places and meets different animals. By following the stars will she finally find her place? I really loved how the whales had tattoos so to speak on their body, that was very unique and different to see. 
The one thing I would recommend and I would hope it was just because I was reading on my nook was to make sure you can see the words on the page. Maybe this has something to do with formatting and making it fit an e-reader.   For some reason, the book made the words really small to read so I was having to enlarge ever time I flipped the page. That bothers me because I can not enjoy a book very well if I have to keep clicking to enlarge and so forth.





No comments:

Post a Comment