Karen Patkau takes readers on an amazing voyage of discovery to find out
• How coral reefs form
• Why coral reefs bustle and teem with life
• Why there are more kinds of living things on coral reefs than anywhere else in the sea
• What the types of hard corals are
• Which plants and animals attach themselves to coral reefs
• How coral reefs protect shorelines
• How coral reefs help develop natural harbors and beaches
• Where the coral reef areas of the world are
• Why we need coral reefs
We received this book via NetGalley to give an honest review.
K enjoyed the book being as it is about the ocean.
I don't know much about the coral reefs except that they need to be saved. The book does a great job with explaining what lives in and around the coral reefs, how they benefit the ocean and shorelines and other cool information that I did not know. So me and K both learned a bit.
At the end we get a glossary of animals that live in the reef off the Caribbean Sea in Central America.
There was just so much information within the book that I would say this would be good for maybe third graders on up.
Now there are pictures within the book but they were kind of hard to see everything in the picture.
That is why I dropped one star. Another problem I had and I hope this was fixed was where we were reading about the different animals that live in the reef towards the end. Sentences were missing and this occurred 5 different times.