Pages

Monday, February 17, 2014

Review: Eric Carle's Animals Animals


123902From leaping, flying fish to dancing butterflies, and camels that "trollop along," Eric Carle's brilliant and colorful collage designs bring to life animal poems from such diverse sources as Shakespeare, Lewis Carroll, Rudyard Kipling, Emily Dickinson, and Jack Prelutsky, as well as Bible verses, Japanese haiku, American Indian poems and more. This celebration of the wonder and variety of earth's animals is "joyous...a book to be shared" (Booklist, starred review).

We picked this book up from our local library.

When I picked this book up I thought it would be a great read for K and myself. But it didn't seem to hold K's interest within the book being as it is poems. He likes an actually story.  For him I guess the poems and rhyming didn't really keep him wanting to read more. I do love this author's work but this book just didn't keep us wanting to read. For those that like poems by different authors then I say give this book a go you may like it, but it was not something for us. 





No comments:

Post a Comment