Pages

Saturday, November 24, 2018

The Berenstain Bears and the Homework Hassle by Stan Berenstain, Jan Berenstain

18903147

Title: The Berenstain Bears and the Homework Hassle
Author: Stan and Jan Berenstain
Published: 10/31/2012
Publisher: Random House for Young Readers
Pages: 34
Genre: Children ages 6 on up
Review: ebook from the public library
Buy Links: Amazon, Amazon.uk 




In this timely First Time Book®, the Berenstains once again prove they have their paws on the pulse of America! Mama and Papa Bear are stunned when they receive a letter from Brother Bear's teacher. Even though Brother Bear sits down diligently every night with an open notebook, he has not been completing his homework assignments. After taking a closer look, Mama and Papa realize that there's a whole lot of competition going on for Brother's attention. He's watching TV, listening to his boom box, talking on the cell phone, and playing a video game. Join in the fun and learning as the subject of multimedia distraction is tackled with wit, wisdom, and aplomb.



I saw this book while browsing at my local library's online book selections. 
Instead of reading this to my daughter who is 6 I should have read this to my son who is 12. Oh man, he does not like to do his homework and sadly it reminds me of his dad when he was his age. I really like how the parents see what is going on and put a stop to it and there is a lesson there. Funny thing is Papa bear was/is the same way as Brother bear. How many of us can relate to that in some way?
The only thing I didn't like was when Brother bear mentioned to Mama bear about his stuff being private, and her response of "When something smells like garbage it isn't private." To me you living in my house there is nothing private so I didn't agree with Mama Bears response. I think it should have been more like well in this house there are certain things that can be private but hiding letters that you think you might get in trouble for is not private. 
Overall a good book and lesson within the story.  



Stan and Jan Berenstain (often called The Berenstains) were American writers and illustrators best known for creating the children's book series the Berenstain Bears. Their son Mike joined them as a creative team in the late 1980s


No comments:

Post a Comment